Thursday, October 11, 2012

One foot in front of the other

Apollo is such a good sport.   We rode for 25 minutes last night indoors, and I even asked him for a teeny bit of trot -- like the length of one wall in the indoor.  He was obviously off, but he was a good sport about it.    I had thought that I should get myself out of the saddle to keep from unbalancing him or making it harder for him in any way.  So the first long side trot, I tried to hold myself up in a weird dressage-saddle two-point.   I think that did more to unbalance him than a steady post would have done ... so the opposite direction long side trot, I posted, being careful to post from my thigh and keep my own balance.  He appreciated that much more.

The wound is healing well, still.  It's got a good base on it, so I decided that I can go ahead and give the Equaide another try.  The proud flesh is still there, so we'll see how the Equaide does with it.  I am not worried about it irritating the leg now, not with the heal on it we have.

We're also down to once a day care, which works a lot better with my work schedule ... especially because I have to be much better about arrival time.  Hmph.  I don't like morning.  Watermelon, carrots, peas, and elephants.  Just because.  There's an echo in here lately.   Anyway, I am really looking forward to the weekend -- I might sleep in, but then again, my friend will be bringing her horse back to jumping lessons after her horrible injury.  I really want to be there to cheer her on!    Plus, maybe I can tag along with the 11 AM lesson I am usually in, maybe walk over ground poles or something.

Chop wood, carry water.   I wonder how long it'll be until he's 100% again.


1 comment: