Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Hurry up and wait

Not only is Apollo bored with his no-doing-anything routine, I am bored with his no-doing-anything routine. Seriously, I am bored with this. I am not giving up or anything, just ... bored. I want to ride! 

Unfortunately, it's very obvious that Apollo isn't up for anything other than hand walking for a while yet. He tried to trot yesterday, and I think he surprised himself by hurting -- his head came up so fast and he scooted forward like he'd been bitten, all the while holding the right hind leg up off the ground and hopping, trying to figure out where his feet should go. Poor guy.  

I am anxiously awaiting delivery of the Equaide.  Hurry up, goo!   The cut is looking good, pink and healthy, but still swollen over the tendon.  Sigh.  No more yellow ooze, though.  This is good.  I think the cellulitis is gone.  Now just for healing.   Without proud flesh, kplzthx.

Waiting for bandages to dry now so I can get out to the dang barn and take care of stuff!!  *drums fingers*

1 comment:

  1. What a good feeling! The "actually wanting to ride" thing. ;-) You'll be back in the saddle in no time.

    ReplyDelete