Thursday, October 18, 2012

Fall friskies, apparently

I wonder if I should be concerned.  Miss Katie texted me to mention that Apollo is feeling good today, bouncing up and down and tossing his head.   Oh dear.  :)    Cool weather, healing, and stall rest make for a bouncy pony, I guess.   

Depending on how he is when I get there tonight, I might longe him before I get on him.   I might just hop on if he seems like his usual self.  He's so good under saddle, but I don't want to tempt fate!   Plus, it's always good to see how he goes from the ground rather than try to evaluate from the saddle.

I am looking forward to the point when Apollo can go out into a pen.  He probably could go to a pen now, but we don't have one available.  Soon, I hope.   Maybe someone will get shuffled around, or maybe the hay barn stall/runs will get done when TD and ATH get back.  We'll see; I'd prefer to have him in a pen or run than back out in the pasture, especially when he's not fully healed, and especially especially because winter is coming.  (Yes, I am a Stark.)  I think I've mentioned before, but I don't feel at all safe catching my horse in the pasture when it's dark.  Time change is coming up November 4th, and it'll be dark by the time I can get to the barn most nights by then.  

Anyway, we'll see what the boss says and what develops, and we'll go from there.  Rolling with it.  :)

2 comments:

  1. So the rumor is.... The new stall/runs are spose to be done when we get back from Galway:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh! Awesome! I hope it worries exactly that way. That would be ideal timing too. :)

      Delete