Monday, December 17, 2012

Monday, I think.

Maybe it's just me, and maybe I'm not fully well yet, but it's amazing how much judging -- i.e. sitting/standing in the cold all day, no lunch break, paying close and careful attention to everything going on for eight hours straight -- takes out of a person!   I arrived at the show grounds at 10:20, got situated, and we got the show going at 10:40 or so.  I didn't get home until after 6:30.   And it was cold out there!  I swear, you never really respect judges and volunteers until you stand in their shoes.  Or their judging box, or whatever.

Only a couple of minor mishaps through the show -- the Swedish oxer got crashed more than a few times, and one rider had a Really Bad Day at the plank fence, falling twice and having way more than her share of refusals at it.  I felt for her; I have had that Day before!   I was only scared to death by a round twice.  ;)   So no broken bones, no broken horses, no broken fences, and only one broken piece of tack -- I will take it.

It might not have been the world's best idea to go hang out outside all day when I wasn't really healthy yet, but ... heh, I kept having to repeat things over the radio because I was so stuffed up.  I'd say "dat's zero jumb faulds and a tibe of ond ond dine," trying to communicate a clear round and a time of 1:19.   It was fun anyway.   But by the time I left, I was wiped out.  Completely done.  Stick a fork in me, paint a line down my back, dun.

So no ride for me on Saturday.  Sunday was given over to my mom and to grocery shopping before I fell over in an exhausted stupor.  I did at least pick up a new set of Bogs for the barn, but other than that there was no horsey goodness on Sunday.

So maybe I can haz ride today.  I can certainly haz longe.   I have as much time as I want, so ... yes.

3 comments:

  1. I hope you can get a ride today too, but importantly feel all the way better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a missed quite a lot of excitement. Oy vey. I just couldn't do it anymore. Instead, Cuna and I had a lovely hack (and tripped through a ditch and tromped through a field, oops). Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel better girl! You don't need to be sick for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete