- I was going to scrap the TOC tomorrow -- too hot to ride tonight, too late to ride yesterday (plus I left my barn-clothes bag at home, doh!), probably sweltering tomorrow too. Then I discovered that it's cancelled for this month, so I don't have to worry about backing out. ;) Maybe next month I'll drag little Rhett out into the arena!
- Incidentally, I didn't connect little Rhett with the new mare we have in the barn ... Scarlet. When Rhett's owner pointed that out, I quite literally went "oooh!" and fluttered my hands in front of my mouth. :) Squee, how perfect!
- While I was scribing for showjumping on Saturday, Wendy Wergeles and I were chatting between riders and fences. I mentioned that I'm a tech writer but would rather have been gifted with physical skills instead of the intellectual ones I got. I'd rather ride like MT than be amazing at languages like me. I found her response interesting and appropriate, and I was so glad I had an answer for her. She said "Well, what are you doing to make that happen?" Very good point, ma'am! My response was "Taking lessons, exercise, fitness, hanging around and absorbing information, and doing things like this to learn from the ground." *nodnod* And formally working on my emotional/fear issues, too. And selling my horse to get one I can learn better on. I think I'm pretty well invested in this improvement business. :) She asked me if I was familiar with Daniel Stewart -- yes! I have his book and find it very useful! Confirmation: Doing The Right Thing. *beam*
- Helping out at ME's place while she's recovering from an injury has been wonderful. I'm really enjoying doing horse chores, and her horses are nice, nice beasts. :)
- Things like supplements and feeding are occupying several of my brain cycles lately. I'll go into more detail later.
- FLTS fall sale this coming weekend! Squee!
- Oh, and what're the nice tack shops in Portland, OR?
Tuesday, August 7, 2012
A couple of thoughts on my lunch break: