Monday, January 9, 2012

Rough weekend. One of my challenges is asthma, and if I start to get sick at all, I have a hard time breathing. It's gotten worse as I've gotten older, too; part of the reason I want to be fitter is to do everything I can to keep the asthma under control as I age. Anyway, I've been having such a hard time breathing that I've woken up several times in the night, gasping or wheezing or whatever. It takes several hours, a few rounds with the inhaler, allergy medicine, and decongestant to get me functioning again. That plus a complete snafu with my insurance (not my fault!) resulting in me having to pay extra for a refill on the inhaler meant no lessons this weekend. I did inexpensive, non-strenuous things. :/

Must ride this week, for sure.

Meanwhile, corgis make very bad workout partners -- ab exercises on the floor are NOT corgi playtime, nor are exercise mats corgi beds. Just try telling them that, though.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon... asthma is serious. And if your insurance company denied a claim... appeal it use the "pay and educate" provision. (Just this once, pay for it and I will never do it again because I now know better.)

    And I used to do yoga with a labrador retriever who would lie on my mat when I did standing poses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Suzanne! No, asthma isn't fun at all. I never used to think I had it -- I thought everyone got that weird cold burn during and after exercise, and that if I had trouble I should just keep working harder to get fitter. :)

    And yes, I'll be submitting it for payment soon. Basically the third party company who handled my company's benefits really screwed the pooch, so my company's taking care of it, but there's going to be a period of chaos. Talk about motivation to stay in the saddle!! If I go to the hospital now, insurance will be a nightmare!

    ReplyDelete