Thursday, January 26, 2012

Dreaming.

I dream of the day when I can get off work at a reasonable hour and go out and ride. Tomorrow, maybe, if the little thing I'm getting done at the doc doesn't leave me hurting.

I have been dreaming about riding and about Rev and about horses in general every night ... clearly I need saddle time!!

Sigh. It's a thing adult amateurs have to deal with, I know. I specifically struggle with the idea that everyone ELSE manages, so why can't I? Of course, not everyone else manages all the time. We all have to work to support our horse habit, and we all have our health challenges, and whatnot. So I need to lay off on beating myself up and just persevere -- work extra tonight so I have time to go out tomorrow, yeh? I can at the very minimalist least be glad that Rev's turned out 24/7, she's warm and dry and comfortable, she's sound and healthy, and I'm not struggling to pay for board, farrier care, or vet care. This is a good life for a horse, even if my work has been crazy.

Still. I oughta start playing the lottery.

2 comments:

  1. You can win with just one ticket... that's my philosophy! So buy your ticket and keep working. You are so not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I manage. I do that by never having any money, keeping completely unreliable jobs, and scrounging my way through the horse world.

    ;) Work is a good thing. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete