Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Farriery

Oh my goodness, I heart my farrier. After hearing about The Sprinkler Bandit's recent snafu, I am more glad than ever that I switched to this farrier a while ago. He's reliable, makes the next appointment before he leaves the barn, calls if he's going to be late, is a completely congenial person, and does a fantastic job on Rev's feet. She goes beautifully, has zero hoof problems, and is a happy camper, which makes ME a happy camper. Nice neat feet!

Amusing note: While watching Neverwhere recently, I realized that one of the tools that's supposed to strike dread in the heart of a character about to be "questioned" is a completely innocuous horseshoeing tool, a nail clincher. Hehehe. Totally non-threatening threat, that one.

I was so happy to get out to the barn today; I missed my little mare. She missed me, I think, or at least missed cookies and brushing. Dan, the farrier, was running late, so I even got to get a ride in when I hadn't planned on being able to. MT was riding a really young horse who's currently intact, so I was a little concerned, but the colt hasn't quite figured out what his equipment's for, and even if he had, MT was keeping him quite busy with the whole riding business. That'll be a nice horse one day, I think.

Anyway, the wind kicked up and it got really, really cold. I was wearing one too few layers! Whoops. But all's good. I got in the saddle, had a short but fun ride, and Rev once again has nice neat feet. Hooray for us!

4 comments:

  1. That is funny you mention Neverwhere, I have the second DVD waiting at home for me to watch it haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent! Enjoy it! One of my favorites, even with the older special effects.

      Delete
  2. Pssh. You will mock my snafu less when you realize how I earned my bandit mask.

    That said, I have high hopes for the new guy. Glad you love yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh -- I wasn't mocking. I was shocked, rather than anything, that anyone would do that. And yes, you earned your bandit mask!!

      Delete