So. The health saga goes on (and on ... and on ...) but I am determinedly focusing on a solution, not the problems, so I'll gloss over that. Suffice to say that even if I don't feel 100%, I'm busting my ass to do all my normal stuff. Including ride, do barn chores, work on improving the place, all that good stuff.
I'm working on developing Apollo's hind engagement - one of those things covered in "chop wood, carry water" - and he's doing well! Lots of transitions between and within gaits, making sure that I don't school shit. Today's plan, if it's not raining, is trot sets. Tomorrow's plan, if it's not raining, is hack, then Sunday, if all goes as planned, up to NT's place for a dressage lesson in between barn chore shifts.
That barn chore shifts thing is something I'm really excited about. Hang out with excellent people and learn from them by osmosis; get exercise doing something I enjoy; and work off lessons. How could this be bad? :D The only drawback is the drive up there, but ... it's workable. Especially if I'm working off lessons. So some number of Sundays during the month, I'll get to hang out with the team.
Plus, things are shaping up at the home barn. SO exciting there too. BO and I went to Tractor Supply last night, and it's amazing how much difference a good manure cart makes in keeping things tidy. It was downright fun to clean the stall. (The refill of PDZ helped too.) The push broom makes me happy, and I'm bringing a leaf style rake from home. We also picked up some 3/4 inch matting for the trailer floor. I think this, plus changing the way I buckle Apollo in, will make a huge difference in Apollo's willingness to trailer. The mats will need trimming and Tetris-ing to fit precisely, but that will happen Saturday. That way they'll be ready to go for Sunday early.
Next, a few loads of gravel to level out the stall Apollo's in, then I'll get actual stall mats for his stall, and bed it appropriately, and things will be MUCH better come winter. And now, but yknow. Winter is a big deal. Just need to figure out how we'll schedule letting him out in the mornings. A bridge to cross when we get there, really. Just things doing better and better.
Oh, and - I had decided to skip the River Glen Horse Trials in July/August, thinking we weren't ready ... nah. If we can get onto the course a couple of times and work hard in the meantime, we can at the VERY least do Starter, if not BN as planned. Excelsior!
Tues: Longe in side reins
Sun: Jump? Dressage?