Friday, October 28, 2011

A good ride last night -- we worked in the draws, and it ended up being a canter-heavy ride. Why? It was there. On Saturday, MT had shown me how to do a walk-canter transition, and I thought I might try it a few more times, just to see if I could do it with good balance. And we did! Fun! Much easier when she's collected, off that outside rein, and moving well forward. I also practiced lead changes through the trot -- we got one flying change, several rider losing balance moments, and quite a few simple changes.

But the highlight of the evening came after I was completely done. When I went out to my truck to go home .... only to discover that I'd locked myself out of my truck. In freezing weather. UGH!

I have to give props again to Schneider's Saddlery, though! I have a SSTack wool cooler for Reveille, and I got myself all bundled up in it to wait for help to arrive. :) I can't say I was totally toasty, but I was sufficiently warm to not worry too much about it. Except for my toes. Rubber boots are cold, even with wool socks on.

I now have a truck and house key in a key holder hidden on my truck. This is so not happening again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment