Saturday, January 2, 2016

Calling All Tack Hos!

Hey!  I know I have friends out there who are devoted tack hos, and I know for sure I have friends of friends who are!  Y'all are bargain tack hunters extraordinaire, so I'm hoping you can help me out.

I'm looking for a few things used, in good condition, for good prices.  I'm not as awesome at finding the deals, so I thought I'd throw this out there.

What I need most of all is a black, monocrown, cob size, Five Star Tack headstall.  I'd buy the whole bridle for the right price, but what I really need is the headstall.  My dressage bridle has a torn keeper on the throatlatch from where I had it ensmallened (totally a word!) for Apollo's delicate little head, and it's not going to be an easy fix.  Plus, a smaller headstall would be fantastic.   

The next thing I'm looking for is a 22-24", black, leather, elastic on both ends, anatomic, dressage girth.  I'd prefer the Total Saddle Fit one, but I'm open to suggestion.


Can anybody out there help me work some magic?  I've checked ebay, of course, and struck out there.  Where else should I be looking?  Do you have any lines on either of these things?

Help me, internet tack hos.  You're my only hope.

4 comments:

  1. I make Aimee do all my shopping. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I promise you can find something on English Tack trader on FB. I LOVE it and thats where I have found the majority of my tack. Just scroll through or put out an ISO. with an ISO you can be specific and anyone who is a member will see it and contribute their items. I've done two and gotten over 30 responses within a few hours. Its AWESOME.Over 50,000 people belong, someone will have something!

    Before FB, I was 100% an Ebay ho. I have forever been on restricted horse budget and Ebay was my savior for more than 10 years. Takes more searching but also a reliable and safe place to shop.

    It takes a little time but well worth it if you don't want to buy new. Try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holy crap. You are SO right! I found just the right saddle ... and thirty seconds later it was gone. :) I am so going to stalk that page until I find my saddle and stuff!!

      Delete
  3. Yup yup. Finding the right thing at the right price takes a little patience, but it's worth it. :-) I'm keeping my eyes open.

    ReplyDelete